Saturday 20 November 2010

Rhinestone Skull Nail Art


I'm using practice manicure fingers with fake nails, I'll probably use them quite frequently for my blog if I'm already wearing nail art that I want to keep on for a while.

I didn't take pictures step by step because my camera's battery was low, sorry!

To start, I applied Barry M Black to the nails except what would be the ring finger. For the ring finger I applied w7 Flourescent Purple (which is actually a pink) with w7 Pink Dazzle over the top.

For the tips of the black nails, I painted a french tip with Flourescent Purple and Pink Dazzle and then painted a thin line where the pink stops using a silver nail art pen.

For the skull I used a black nail art pen to draw eyes, a nose, teeth and the head shape, then filled it all in with black and hot pink rhinestones.

You can choose whether you want to add a topcoat to the rhinestones or not. A topcoat will seal it in and the rhinestones will be less likely to fall off, but it'll reduce the sparkle of the stones. It's upto you! I added a topcoat to this nail because I want it to last.

Hope you enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment