Friday 17 December 2010

Christmas Holly and Candy Cane Nail Art


To begin I applied my base coat and two coats of Maybelline Ivory polish.



I then used H&M polish in Envy Me with the Bundle Monster plate BM14 holly image. I scraped off what would be the berries in the middle before rolling the image on my nail because I didn't want the berries to be green. I then used Nails Inc Villiers St with a dotting tool to add in the berries.



Finally I added some red rhinestones over the berries and sealed with a top coat.




For the candy cane nail art, I saw a video on youtube showing how to do this which you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtESGSQaT_A I did pretty much the same except I used different polishes.



I applied my base coat and then painted my entire ring finger with Natural Collection Nail Tip Whitener. I used sellotape to tape over my nails so I could make a clean French tip. I used the same polish to do this. I went over the white polish with China Glaze Frosty.

Next I used Nails Inc Villiers St with Bundle Monster plate BM20 striped image. I stamped my entire ring finger with this and the tips of the rest of my nails (still keeping the tape on so the base of my nail was clean).

To finish off I applied AFNB Stripe & Sparkle in Brooke along the lines where the French tip meets my nail and along the very top of my ring finger nail. I used OPI Text Me Text You as my topcoat to add a bit of sparkle.


No comments:

Post a Comment