Friday 22 October 2010

Halloween Spiderweb Nail Art


Firstly, I made the spiderwebs using a poly pocket and my dotting tool (a cocktail stick would work if you don't have one) like I did in my last blog post. I looked at a few pictures of webs I found on Google and tried to copy the shape, but made each web different to give a bit of variety. I used an unnamed nail polish from a nail art set, I think it was by The Color Workshop. It was black with grey shimmer. I purposely made the webs bigger than my nail so I could choose which part of the web I wanted to use. I forgot to take a picture of them on the poly pocket though :(

Then for my nails, I applied my base coat and base colour, I used China Glaze LOL.




Then I peeled off the webs after they were dry and placed them on my nails using my dotting tool. Because I made the webs bigger than my nails, I had a good portion left over around my cuticle and hanging off the end of my nail. To remove the excess, I soaked a cotton bud in nail polish remover and removed what was on my skin, then filed my nail gently to get rid of the excess at the top of my nail. If you accidentally file off a bit much, just touch up where you need to.





Finish off with a top coat and you're done!



No comments:

Post a Comment