Thursday 14 July 2011

Hallows Versus Horcruxes: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Nail Art





For this nail art look I decided to focus my right hand nails around Hallows and my left hand nails around Horcruxes.




The right (Hallows) hand:




I first applied my base coat and base colour, Twilight Black Tie to all my nails.
For my pinkie I drew the Deathly Hallows sign with Stargazer 232 polish.
For my ring finger nail represents the Invisibility Cloak, so I used a mixture of Collection 2000 Sparkle Top Coat, elf Twinkle and NYX Grafitti.
My middle finger nail represents the Elder Wand, I used Revlon Nude Chic for the wand and added the sparkly polishes I used on the previous nail, to the background.
My index finger represents the Ressurection Stone. I used Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique Trio in Smile in a Storm to create a diamond shape. Next, I filled two opposite triangles of the diamond with Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique Stripe & Sparkle in Pattie. Finally I used Stripe & Sparkle in Katleen to draw the Deathly Hallows sign.
For my thumb, I used Stargazer 237 and used an image on Google to copy the HP. 




The left (Horcruxes) hand:




My thumbnail is Nagini in her glass sphere. I used the Smile in a Storm trio to draw a circle, then went around it with Katleen. I used H&M Nail Polish in Envy Me and Sleek Pioson Ivy to colour the snake. I went round it with Katleen just so it didn't look as much of a green blob, haha. I used Stargazer 232 to draw the eyes.
My index finger is Slytherin's locket. I used GOSH Gold for the locket and then H&M Envy me with w7 Green Dazzle for the letter S. I added some more Green Dazzle around the edge of the locket.
My middle finger nail is Ravenclaw's Diadem. I used Rimmel Your Majesty to draw the outline of the tiara. I added w7 Blue Dazzle in the middle and also some w7 Blue Diamonds on top. I also added Blue Diamonds just underneath. Finally I used Stripe & Sparkle Brooke to stripe along the middle of the remaining silver parts.
My ring finger nail is Hufflepuff's Cup. I used Stargazer 237 to draw the cup and w7 Gold Dazzle to add detail. I used Stripe & Sparkle Pattie to add the H in the middle of the cup.
For my pinkie finger nail I used Nails Inc Carnaby Street to draw the lightening bolt.

Well done if you've actually read this far, and even more so if you can understand what I'm talking about! I'm so excited for the film, I can't wait! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I will!



4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Harry Potter for the win. :D
    I just did my Harry Potter manicure today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!! Can't wait to watch the movie! Just sad it's the last and I know I'm going to cry lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I passed on two awards to you, you can read about them in my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete