Thursday 19 May 2011

Pink & Black Corset Nail Art


First I applied my base coat and then painted the tips of my nails (excluding the ring finger) with OPI Aphrodite's Pink Nightie. For my ring finger I painted a third of my nail on each side, leaving the third in the middle bare.



I went over Aphrodite's Pink Nightie with OPI Katy Perry Teenage Dream.



Next, I lined all the pink parts with Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique Stripe & Sparkle in Pattie. I added four dots on the ring finger as shown.




Next, I drew in the ribbon with a bow on my ring finger, still using Pattie. On the rest of my nails, I added a criss-cross pattern below the tips and then added dots below that to make a lacy pattern.


After that I decided I wanted something to make the ribbon on my ring finger stand out from the outline of the corset. I went over the outline with Andrea Fulerton Stripe & Sparkle in Brooke, ideally I'd have done this before painting the ribbon as I then had to go back over the parts of the ribbon I covered. I also added Brooke along the black outline at the tip of my nails. Finally I finished with a coat of Seche Vite top coat.




2 comments: