Sunday 24 October 2010

Autumn Leaves Nail Art



First off, I found a picture of different shaped leaves on Google and printed it out so I could trace over them as my attempts to freehand leaves were failing miserably. I used 4 or 5 different shaped leaves and used different nail polishes to colour them in, mixing them to get new colours or give the leaves gradient effects.

The nail polishes I used were:
Barry M Raspberry
 MUA shade 6
 w7 Flourescent Orange
 w7 Coral Dream
 Nails Inc Belgravia
 a peachy/yellow nail art pen I got from a set from Argos
 Max Factor Ivory
 Maybelline Colorama Flames of Amber
Maybelline Colorama Beams of Fire.

Here's what I ended up with.



And here's all the leaves laid out.



For my nails, I applied my base coat and did two coats of Max Factor Ivory. You could use any base colour you want, I thought the gold would look nice. Then I placed some leaves randomly on my nails with a dotting tool. You can either completely cover the nail with the leaves or leave some gaps in between, I did the latter. If your leaves rip, tear or crumple up a bit on your nail, that's fine and would probably add to the effect. Add a top coat when you're happy with your nails.

Hope you enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment